From Monday 11th May 2020, the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) now has advised that dental practices are safe to move from Level 2 to Level 1 restrictions.
Due to this development, ALL dental services can now be performed for all patients at Blackburn Family Dental Care. These include the following:
- General Examinations and Cleans
- Aesthetic Bonding
- All Extractions including wisdom teeth
- Crown and Bridge
- Teeth Whitening
- Orthodontics (clear aligners and braces)
- Root Canal Treatment
- Denture Procedures
However, if you have any symptoms of COVID including temperature, shortness of breath, cough, and sore throat, we request for you to stay at home and defer your dental appointment. To make Blackburn Family Dental care a safe environment for our patients and staff, please note that precautionary measures for screening will still apply. Other measures also include:
- Our waiting rooms have been thoroughly disinfected and soft toys and brochures have been removed during this time.
- Waiting room chairs have been arranged so that the adequate 1.5m social distancing can be observed.
- Appointment times have been spaced out to ensure less waiting time for you.
- You may be asked questions relating to travel, contact with possible carriers, or symptoms including: shortness of breath, cough, temperature and sore throat.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering premises.
- You will be asked to do a preprocedural mouthrinse of 1 percent hydrogen peroxide solution as recommended by Ada guidelines.
- Extra frequency of sanitizing efforts include increased cleaning of all surfaces in surgery, plus other surfaces in the reception including eftpos machines, pens and surfaces that are touched frequently between each patient. This is done with hospital grade alcohol disinfectant on top of our usual accreditation approved stringent hygiene procedures which are already designed to keep you safe from viruses and bacterias. (Yes, we are already an accredited practise)
Even though we are now fully functional, please bear in mind that there is a possibility that restrictions can be escalated back to Level 2, as advised by State or Federal authorities. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us on (03) 9877 2589, send us an email at email@example.com or simply make a booking on our website.