Make a booking with us today!
At Blackburn Family Dental Care, you will have access to the highest quality of dentistry with a friendly and caring team of dental practitioners, dedicated to achieving beautiful natural looking results for you. Our dental clinic is conveniently located 2.6km and 6 mins’ drive from Nunawading.
Whether you’re looking for teeth whitening, root canal therapy, extractions or orthodontics, we cover all aspects of General and Cosmetic Dentistry. Our team of dental practitioners are committed to helping our patients, offering a wide range of dental treatments to suit their every need.
Blackburn Family Dental Care is constantly investing in the practice to ensure our equipment and materials are of the highest standards. By regularly attending courses to expand and update our knowledge, our family dentist experts and team members remain fully dedicated to their dental education, whilst also ensuring patients are fully informed about their options and the latest advancements in dental treatment.
Our dental clinic is open 6 days a week from 8am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday) and Saturdays, 8am to 12 pm. From time to time, we do receive requests for an emergency dentist in Nunawading, which could possibly be slotted in on the day itself. For same day emergency appointments and emergency treatments, please don’t hesitate to call.
We are proud to provide personalised dental care, with expertise in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, to generations of families and the community around Nunawading, for more than 60 years. Book an appointment with us today to see why we remain the family dentist of choice in Melbourne’s East.
Nunawading Family Dentist
At our family clinic, our top priority is to provide you and your family with a lifetime of oral health and comfort. With our extensive training and experience, we aim to provide the best dental care for all of our patients, ensuring that you are safe from all forms of dental threats.
Using the latest in dentistry technology and equipment, we offer a range of treatments to patients of all ages, including toddlers, teenagers and adults:
- Sports mouth guards
- Early and late teeth straightening options
- Replacement of missing teeth (single and multiple missing)
- Kids dentistry
- Oral cancer/pathology screening
- Preventative dentistry (sealants)
If you feel apprehensive about a dentist, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. At Blackburn Family Dental Care, our dentists will treat you like family, educating you about the appropriate treatment or home care, so that you will have healthy teeth and a beautiful smile for years to come.
Our cosmetic dentists provide a wide range of world-class cosmetic treatments, designed to enhance the aesthetic appearance of your smile. From the colour, shape and position of your teeth, we will help to create a more balanced and brighter smile, while working closely with you to also ensure you get the smile you’ve also envisioned.
- Dental Bonding
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Implants
We understand that dental emergencies can often happen at inconvenient times and when you least expect it. They can occur when teeth crack, break, become loose or are knocked out completely. In other situations, you may have an acute dental infection or a filling or other dental work that fails.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you have a dental emergency, contact the practice as early as possible. Our emergency dentists in Nunawading have emergency appointments held in the diary on a daily basis.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Where are you located?
Our Dental Clinic is next to Blackburn station via the Belgrave or Lilydale line and only 6 mins’ drive and 2.6km from Nunawading.
Parking is available behind the practice, entering Main St or alternatively on S parade.
Many buses, including 703 and 765, are also in close proximity to our dental clinic.
What are your business hours?
Our family dental clinic near Nunawading is open from Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5.30pm, and Saturday, from 8am to 12pm. If required, we can usually slot in an emergency appointment on the day itself.
What available payment options are there?
As a private dental clinic, we require payment on the day of service; we accept cash, EFTPOS and most credit cards. If you have private health insurance, we can scan your card using HICAPS, leaving you to pay only the remaining balance.
Does my private health insurance cover the costs?
Rebates issued from private health insurance vary greatly and this is based on your provider and level of coverage. We do have a special agreement with certain health funds namely (Medibank, BUPA, HCF, NIB plus all associated health funds under NIB, Westfund). For more information on what is covered, our friendly dentist can formulate a personalised treatment plan with item codes, alternatively, you can make a quick phone call to our staff and ask for the insurance codes of the treatment, so you can check with your health fund the amount they will cover before undergoing treatment.
Is the Child Dental Benefit Scheme accepted?
Yes, if your child is under the age of 16 and is eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Scheme (CDBS) we can provide up to $1000 in basic dental care. Please remember to bring your child’s Medicare card to your appointment.
How often should I schedule a visit to my dentist?
We recommend a routine re-care appointment every 6 months, others with different risk profiles may be more frequent (i.e 3 months), whilst others longer (12 months). We understand that every patient is different and recommend for children to visit a dentist every year. Our gentle and professional dentists provide preventive dental care and treatments for a brighter, whiter smile and minimise gum disease.
If I don’t have an issue, what are some of the reasons why I should return for a re-care appointment?
Ensuring gums are healthy and your breath is fresh
- Gum health can be affected by many factors: oral hygiene; pregnancy; chronic illnesses such as diabetes etc.; crooked teeth, ill-fitting appliances including dentures/ splints, certain medications; smoking; genetics.
Check for decay, fractures, and chipping
- The outer layer of the teeth is the strongest structurally, this is otherwise known as enamel. If there is a breach or damage in this outer layer, this allows more vulnerable tooth structure dentine to be damaged by external insults like bacteria, acids etc. Catching irregularities or problems early is vital to avoid irreversible nerve damage of the tooth.
Maintenance of treatment done previously
- The restorative work that has been done previously is subjected to the external insults such as bacteria and acid attack from foods and drinks, not to mention the daily wear and tear of chewing and in some patients clenching and grinding. A regular dental check-up allows the dentist to maintain these areas, to prolong the life span of your teeth and restorative work.
Elimination of systemic infections
- Control of certain dental diseases can minimise the risk of systemic spread of bacteria found in tooth decay, which has been known to be linked to cardiovascular disease.
Screening for potential oral pathology
- Oral pathology/conditions not visible by yourself can be picked up by a trained dental professional, and treated accordingly.
How do I book an appointment?
Booking an appointment at our dental clinic is simple, please call us on (03) 9877 2589.
You can also now book online 24/7 through a secure Health Engine system and our staff will be in touch to confirm your appointment date and time.
$1000 FREE DENTAL for eligible children every 2 years
Receive $1000 worth of Child Dental Benefit from the Government. The Commonwealth Child Dental Benefits Schedule provides assistance for basic dental treatment for children between 2-17 years of age:
- If you receive Family Tax Benefit A or other relevant Australian Government payments, all 2-17 year olds are eligible
- Any treatment is bulk billed through Medicare
- There are no extra costs, with eligible children having to pay $0
- Your child will have the next available appointment and will not be put on a wait list.
Here are the list of procedures Child Dental Benefits are applicable for:
- Root canals
- Fissure sealants and Fillings
- Dental check-ups and cleaning teeth
- Dental X-rays
* Orthodontic or cosmetic dental work is not available under the Child Dental Benefits scheme and any services provided in a hospital operating theatre will not be paid for.
1 Main St,
Blackburn VIC 3130
Mon & Wed & Fri
8am - 8pm
Tue & Thur & Sat
8am - 5pm
Get in touch
Conveniently positioned for patients seeking a Dentist in Blackburn, Box Hill, Burwood, Nunawading, Mitcham, Vermont, Forest Hill, Canterbury & Surrey Hills. Our Blackburn North Dental Clinic is next to Blackburn station via the Belgrave or Lilydale line. Walk towards Main St (2 minutes) and you will see a light blue signage.
Parking is available behind Blackburn Family Dental, entering Main St or alternatively on S parade.
Many buses, including 703 and 765, are also in close proximity to our Blackburn North dental clinic.