To make Blackburn Family Dental care a safe environment for our patients and staff, please note that precautionary measures via phone screening prior to your appointment will apply. In addition, we are applying these safety measures:
- Our waiting rooms have been thoroughly disinfected and soft toys and brochures have been removed during this time.
- Waiting room chairs have been arranged so that the adequate 1.5m social distancing can be observed.
- Appointment times have been spaced out to ensure less waiting time for you.
- You may be asked questions relating to travel, contact with possible carriers, or symptoms including: shortness of breath, cough, temperature and sore throat.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser upon entering premises.
- You will be asked to do a pre-procedural mouth rinse of 1 percent hydrogen peroxide solution as recommended by ADA guidelines.
- Extra frequency of sanitising efforts include increased cleaning of all surfaces in surgery, plus other surfaces in the reception including eftpos machines, pens and surfaces that are touched frequently between each patient. This is done with hospital grade alcohol disinfectant on top of our usual accreditation approved stringent hygiene procedures which are already designed to keep you safe from viruses and bacterias. (Yes, we are already an accredited practise)